Ohio Bison Farm
30 years of raising healthy bison from our farm located in Grove City, Ohio.
The Highest Quality Bison in Central Ohio
Bob Sexten is former President of the Eastern Bison Association, and former Chairman of the Board. Bob and Bev are also members of the National Bison Association (NBA)
Our farm isn’t just about supplying meat. We also contribute to the reproduction and growth of the Bison population.
In 1884, the bison population reached it’s lowest point – with around 325 wild bison left in the United States.
Now, due to the conservation efforts of local farmers such as the Sextens, there are 500,000+ bison in the US.
Bison in Grove City, Ohio.
Why You’ll Love Us
We treat our bison like part of our family – not just another dollar. This is one of many reasons why we are able to provide some of the best quality meat in the Central Ohio area. In addition, our bison meat is:
- Low-Fat/High Protein (~95% lean)
- Competitively Priced with Ground Beef
Our Favorite Recipes
- Sirloin SaladMarinate sirloin steak on olive oil, soy sauce, salt and pepper over night. Turn once in the morning.Dressing: 1 c dry red wine1-2 Tbsp finely diced onion or shallot2 tsp parsley2 tsp thymeCook in saucepan til reduced. Add salt andContinue reading “Sirloin Salad”
- Sloppy JoesBrown around 1 lb of ground bison in a pan with a tiny bit of olive oil on medium heat. Add a little salt to taste.While browning, blend together in a small bowl:1/4 c. Molasses1/4 c. Ground Mustard2 Tbsp. Vinegar2Continue reading “Sloppy Joes”
- Hotel ButterIn a small microwavable bowl, place 4 Tbsp butter and microwave for 10-15 seconds until just softened. Stir in 2 tsp fresh finely chopped parsley, 1/2 tsp fresh minced garlic and season with salt and pepper. Set aside before cookingContinue reading “Hotel Butter”
Our Local Farm is located in Grove City, Ohio.